Psigma Investment Management
Championing Charity Through Skiing
Psigma announced as the Inter-Livery Ski Championships 2019 Principal Sponsor for the second consecutive year.
Celebrating its 10th year, the Inter-Livery Ski Championships 2019 take place in Morzine, Portes du Soleil, France between the 23rd and 25th January 2019 bringing together the members of many City Livery Companies to compete in races and raise funds for charitable causes. If 2019 is anything close to the success seen in 2018 the event will attract around 200 racers, both men and women, ranging in age from 19 to 79 and representing over 30 of the City’s Livery Companies.
The Inter-Livery Ski Championships will feature two days of racing, with an additional event taking place on Wednesday 23rd, supporting Snow-Camp; a charity that promotes snow sports and associated snow based activities among inner-city young, and those not exposed to the sport. It also welcomes the newly elected 691st Lord Mayor of London, Alderman Peter Estlin.
At Psigma, we are honoured to support the Inter-Livery Ski Championships and to support the Lord Mayor’s Appeal and its chosen charity partners: Place2Be, delivering a mental health programme to 180 London schools; On Side Youth Zones, building five new state of the art youth zones in areas of high deprivation in London; the Samaritans, developing a revolutionary online wellbeing programme for employees in London and beyond.
We are delighted to welcome Psigma’s support as principal sponsor for a second consecutive year to the Annual Inter-Livery Ski Championships, 2019. Now in our 10th year, the competition provides the perfect opportunity for liverymen and women, not always able to be involved in their Company’s affairs, to represent their own company in a unique event held not only outside the Square Mile but even outside their own country.
Each year funds are raised towards the Lord Mayor’s Appeal as well as a number of smaller charities and we are delighted to report a year on year increase in support for the event.
We appreciate both Psigma’s commitment and personal interest in the Livery community and are pleased to continue this sponsorship arrangement with them.
Christopher Hudson and George Bastin, Ironmongers and organisers of the Inter-Livery Ski Championships
The Annual Inter-Livery Ski Championships are a wonderful opportunity to reinforce our commitment to providing Livery Companies with investment solutions and the kind of personal service not often afforded by larger institutions and banks. Many of the teams here are both trustees and Liverymen, making us ideally placed to help the Companies meet their funding objectives for the future.
In addition to our own charitable giving through the Psigma Foundation, I am also delighted we are able to support the Lord Mayor’s Appeal and in particular its new charity partners: Place2Be, On Side Youth Zones and the Samaritans.
We look forward to seeing all the attendees and their guests there.
John Howard-Smith, CEO, Psigma Investment Management
About Psigma Investment Management
Psigma Investment Management is a privately owned Discretionary Fund Manager (DFM) offering investment solutions to private clients, charities, trusts and pension schemes. Launched in 2002 we now have £2.88bn of assets under management (as at 31st December 2018).
Psigma is dedicated to inflation-plus investing, a philosophy that grows and protects the real value of our clients’ assets. Using dynamic asset allocation and being early adopters of a multi-asset approach, we provide investment portfolios that are constructed to deliver a return above inflation.
Psigma is part of the Punter Southall Group of companies.
For any PR or media relations queries, please contact PR Team at email@example.com, or by phoning 020 3327 5450, who will be happy to answer questions about this press release.
- Livery Companies presently donate in the region of £70m to charitable causes.
- Funds raised from the Inter-Livery Ski Championships have raised over £60K.
- The money raised by this event goes primarily to the three charities supported by the Lord Mayor’s Appeal: Place2Be, delivering a transformational mental health programme in 180 schools in London; On Side Youth Zones, building five new state of the art Youth Zones in areas of high deprivation in London; and the Samaritans, developing a revolutionary online wellbeing programme for employees in London and beyond.
- As at additional event for the first time this year participants are also being invited to take part in a team distance ski challenge to raise money for Snow-Camp, a charity established in 2003 and receiving the Freedom of the City in 2013. Snow-Camp’s mission is to engage with inner-city young people through snow sports so this fits in well with the Lord Mayor’s charity Place2Be.
- The event was founded by the Worshipful Company of Ironmongers as a means to engage not only the members of their Company but members of all the City Livery Companies.
- The Championships have been sponsored for the last two years by Psigma Investment Management who provides a wholly personal approach to investment management that focuses client needs and goals.
- The 691st Lord Mayor of London is Alderman Peter Estlin who has held a number of senior financial positions in finance in London, Hong Kong and New York. He is a governor and chairman of Bridewell School and many of his interests lie in education as a foundation for life. These interests are reflected in the charities that the Lord Mayor’s Appeal is supporting.